Saturday, October 20, 2007

13th stepping

Ahhh yes, the birds aren't annoying anymore, you can actually afford to by ketchup instead of stealing handfuls of packets from McDonalds, you're showering at least once a week; and that pink cloud you're riding on just keeps getting bigger and softer. SOBRIETY IS FREAKIN' AWESOME!! Everything is so right in your life you just have to share it with someone! And just like a special gift from your higher power, in strolls the person you've been lookin' for all your life; well, since you got sober anyway: thirty seven days ago. Awww, she looks so cute, all skinny and stuff; i think she's checking me out. How did she know how well my life has been going? She must have seen it in my eye; the one that hasn't got pink yet. Yea, i thought i recognized her: i remember meeting her in detox; she looks so much better, those track marks aren't nearly as noticeable. I wonder if my mom would like her: speaking of mom, i better call her i haven't seen her in so long: priorities! Maybe we could go out to eat or something. I wonder if my sponsor would loan me twenty bucks? Nah, better not ask him i haven't called him in a week. I wonder if i got the job at Wendy's? Maybe we could go out for coffee after the meeting; she could ride on the handlebars. Yeah, ya know, if i play my cards right, maybe i could get her to come over to my place after the meeting! The couch in the basement i'm sleeping in isn't nearly as musty since we got the sump pump going. God i've really got it good! I wonder if she knows how lucky she's about to get! I wonder what our kids will look like? SOBRIETY IS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!

2 comments:

Fireman John said...

oh yeah, i remember the joy of 30 days sober & ready to take on the world.

Ingenue, Interrupted said...

That is flipping hilarious. It's funny because it's true, BWAHAHAHAH! Seriously tho, do the early sobriety hormones ever go away?

:)
Ingenue