Saturday, October 20, 2007

Came To Believe

I hope i don't offend anyone with my musings; i need to see the humor in this serious and so often fatal disease. They told me to buy a suit when i entered the fellowship, i'd be going to a few weddings and more than a few funerals; man they weren't kidding. In the four years since i've been sober i've seen at least twenty people die. A little bit of my soul went with each one of them. Why i remain sober is a mystery to me at times; "we will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us." I don't know about all of that, but i do know that as long as i look to my God with prayer and patience and do not use, the solutions appear.Sometimes not in the form or result i would prefer, but in the end, always the most beneficial for me and my sobriety. i believe a grateful heart will never use, therefore i remain grateful. i would like to share a passage with you that appears on page 112 in the "came to believe" book. it says, and i quote "happiness is gratitude for the miracle which granted, another go around at a life once abandoned." Today my life is no longer abandoned, and i am eternely grateful. ODAAT.........Dominick.

No comments: