Sunday, October 21, 2007

The commitee on ego

The worst thing about the stuff i carry around in my head, (so often imagined or fabricated) is that i believe it! You know the stuff: i suck, i'm a failure, i'm not good enough.... ad infinitum. Anything which chews away at my ego strength is pure poison, as far as my recovery is concerned. Ego, Id and Superego are very strange bedfellows which all happen to sleep in all of our beds. Lose the reigns on any one of them and it's self will run riot time! So how am i supposed to maintain my sense of serenity without losing my sense of self worth? I mean c'mon now people lets get brutally honest here: sometimes it is someone else's fault why we feel the way we do. I'm not saying that we blame anyone for the way we feel; (it is always our choice) i am saying that sometimes other people do wrong us and no matter how deep we look for our part in it, there really isn't much to go on. Should we always accept even the most minute detail as proof that we do own some part in it? Hmmmm? NAH! Sometimes people in and out of the program will do their best to hurt us, because of their low self esteem, (a.k.a, character defects) in an attempt to make their own selves feel better. Hurt people hurt people. And so often these attempts take the form of put downs, gossip, lies, and half truths. DON'T OWN ANY OF IT! I have found that the roots of my sometimes low self esteem is my ability to believe someone else's imposed garbage at my own expense. Why am i willing to do that? I'M AN ALCOHOLIC ADDICT!!! That's it. Thats the nature of my disease. Simple answer to a not so simple problem. So what is my solution? Ego strength! How do i get it? By not believing in them and believing in myself! It's a selfish program and without me (or you) there is no we. BELIEVE and all things become possible. Did you ever believe you could be sober? No? Of course you did because you are! BELIEVE in yourself, BELIEVE in your higher power, and above all else, Believe in MIRACLES.......you are one! OH yeah, and forgive those sick bastards! Lots of love, Dominick.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is sAtAn starting to devour you, Dominick?
THE LUCIFER CONNECTION
The Lucifer connection: The NAM 'Light' experience
Excerpt from chapter three in: A Catholic Response to the New Age Phenomenon by the Irish Theological Commission in 1994.
"New Age Movement" is abbreviated as NAM.
Bill Wilson:
My depression deepened unbearably, and finally it seemed to me as though I were at the bottom of a pit. I still gagged badly at the notion of a Power greater than myself, but finally, just for the moment, the vestige of my proud obstinacy was crushed. All at once I found myself crying out, 'If there is a God, let Him show Himself! I am ready to do anything, anything!' SUDDENLY THE ROOM LIT UP WITH A GREAT WHITE LIGHT. I was caught up into an ecstasy, which there are no words to describe. It seemed to me, in the mind's eye, that I was on a mountain and that a wind not of air but spirit was blowing. And then it burst upon me that I was a free man. Slowly the ecstasy subsided. I lay on the bed, but now for a time I was in another world, a new world of consciousness. All about me and through me there was a wonderful feeling of Presence, and I thought to myself, 'So this is the God of the preachers!' A great peace stole over me and I thought, 'No matter how wrong things seem to be, they are right. Things are all right with God and His world.'"

Both the old Gnosticism and the present NAM use the occult to achieve their so-called 'new' spirituality. They proclaim that we are in a new age of the spirit, but the spirits they follow are dangerous and misleading. Marrs says that the NAM believes that the sun is a divine, living being, called the Solar Father. Lucifer is claimed to be the Solar Logos (Word), a god spirit appointed by the Solar Father to usher in the New Age through the Luciferic initiation of humanity.
In NAM circles Lucifer is also referred to under the titles of Sant, Nat, Tanat, Sat Guru, and Sanat. 69 The Lucis Foundation and the Association for Research and Development in Virginia, which appears to be the brain centre for the NAM, defends the use of the term 'Lucifer' as meaning the 'light-bringer' and the 'morning star' in order to throw off the charge of Satanism. 70
The source of the NAM teachings is Helena Blavatsky's two-volume work The Secret Doctrine. In Anthropogenesis (volume two), from pp. 506-518, she deals with the question of the identity of this Lucifer to which the NAM teachers refer. Is this entity what Christians call Satan? She says that 'the "Old Dragon" or "Satan" ... is that Angel who was proud enough to believe himself God; brave enough to buy his independence at the price of eternal suffering and torture; beautiful enough to have adored himself in full divine light; strong enough to reign in darkness amidst agony, and to have built himself a throne on his inextinguishable pyre.' Here she was quoting a famous cabbalist called Eliphas Levi, and she says that the definition is correct. But she adds that 'this devil is mankind'! 76 This has to be so for we are 'god' and this god is the source of good and evil. Both God and Satan are found within us.
Later she shows that Lucifer is that Light that these initiates are seeking: 'the great magic agent ... astral light ... is that which the Church calls Lucifer.' She acknowledges that the Latin scholastics called this entity Satan. 79 Quoting Levi again she refers to Lucifer as 'the Astral Light ... which serves to create and destroy.... This Light therefore, inasmuch as it is devouring, revengeful, and fatal would thus really be hell-fire, the serpent of the legend; the tormented errors of which it is full, the tears and gnashing of teeth of the abortive beings it devours, the phantom of life that escapes them, and seems to mock and insult their agony, all this would be the devil or Satan indeed' (ibid.).
PEACE BE WITH YOU
MICKY

johno said...

Hey dominick, great post!! I too have people in my head, "dominating me" at the moment, praying loads for the "poor bastards" LOL good t have you around dude. Johno :)